Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Company Field Trip

This morning I left the house at 4:30AM to meet at the company office w/ our employees for a field trip to the city of Lang Son. Lang Son is about 3-4 hours away from Hanoi and is the bordering city between Vietnam and China. At first I wasn't sure if I wanted to go b/c my dad wasn't going and neither was Mr. Bentley (my dad's right hand man)... But I'm really glad I did b/c I got to see different parts of Vietnam and hang out w/ the company employees. We had two tour buses full of people... Fun times!

Here we are at one of our few pit stops... Thats my dad's older brother on the far right. He's really goofy!


On our way we stopped by two different temples where people prayed for a prosperous 2007. The first temple we stopped by was deep in the wilderness. We had to all partner up and hitch a ride on the back of motorcycles.

Here we are crossing a sketchy bridge... The surrounding area was beautiful!



Here I am w/ a few of our employees.

Willy's Workshop!!!

Here's the second temple we visited.

This is a pretty funny looking statue... HAHA




Lunch Time...




Check this sick pair of Meike Air 360s... HAHA

Anyone want an iPod?


We visited a few markets on our way...

Check out these gnarly mosquito swatters... All you have to do is swing it around and mosquitoes start to get zapped.

This one's for TJ and Ron... Have you ever seen a pipe this big? HAHA

We finally made it back to the office at 9:00PM... I ended up going w/ my uncle to his house to visit his family. This my 9 year old cousin Viet. PEACE!!!

Here's his 17 month old brother.

Check out this funny picture they had of me and Drew holding Viet when we visited in 2001. Dude... Viet has a Ronald size head... HAHA

It was great to get a chance to venture outside of Hanoi and see different parts of Vietnam. The company employees are like a big family... I had a great time but when I got home just a few moments ago I had the shits b/c of all the strange things I ate.

OK... Have fun tonight guys! Happy Birthday Sister Bear... You're people wish you the best! HAHA

143!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

the temples are BEAUTIFUL!!!! keep taking those pictures and blogging.