Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Madness!

This past Friday was the Jabbawockeez in store signing at Armory in Pacific Beach.  I rolled through with our photographer Razo (Victory Nightlife).  When we got there we were both amazed how many people were waiting in line.  The line was thick and stretched down the block.  

Aldryn is currently working on building a photo gallery for this weekends festivities on the Jabbawockeez official site.  Make sure you check that out!  Here are a few pictures I took on my personal camera.
Madness!
All the guys surprised their fans by doing a run by in front of the store with their personal security guard... Big Mike!
Once the fans realized it was them everyone chased them around the building...  It was pretty hilarious!
Here I am trying to keep up with my walker.  HAHA
Here we are interviewing the one and only Cros1 (Armory/Free Style Session) for JabbaTV.
Can you guys find Phil?
Inside Armory.
The in store signing turned out to be crazy... I couldn't wait to see what the after party was going to be like.  I heard people flew out from out of state to come party with the Jabbawockeez.  Now that's madness!

=========================

Razo and I rolled through Aubergine for Party Rock hosted by Impact Productions & Armory.  When we got there at 9:45PM there were at least 500 people in line.  Lucky for us we went straight through to VIP.  There were at least another 600+ people inside too.  It was ridiculously crowded.

On our way in we ran into Gian (5&A Dime) and Josie.
Here's a preview of the line outside that wrapped around the corner.
Even Jay (5&A Dime) rolled through on his fix gear to check out the chaos.
Here are our other JabbaTV staff memebers for the event: Tareq (Video) & Razo (Photo)
Sheryl aka BFF and her home girls from the OC came through too.  I interviewed them but they were a bit camera shy.  HAHA
Jon Jon and Omar were chillin in VIP too.
The set up!
Once the guys came through it was madness all over again.  Everyone whipped out their cameras and there were flashes galore!
Big Mike playing crowd control in VIP.
Check out how crowded the VIP section was.  Good thing I was just chillin' at our table keeping my foot out of harms way in the corner doing interviews and commentating.  
Meet Mr. Hen & Mr. Goose!
Sheryl x Joe x Des x Claudia
Raul x Claudia from Culture Shock SD.
All 10 guys went on stage and free styled for the crowd.
Crystal x Cris x Sheryl
Originally I didn't want to stay the entire night b/c I wanted to rest my feet but there was no way I was gonna be able to get out of the VIP area on my crutches.  I had to wait till most of the crowd cleared out before I could make my way out.  Fun times!

=========================

Saturday we were at it again!  This time KJ (Wildboyz/Cheetah Girls) accompanied me to Plaza Bonita for the Jabbawockeez in store signing at Shiekh.  I already heard the line was ridiculously long before I got there.  It basically wrapped around the entire upstairs of the mall.  
Thanks KJ for pushing me around in my wheelchair.  HAHA
Anthony aka DJ Akrite (Mindz Alike), Des, and baby Izabella came through to meet the guys.  Here they are with Saso and Rynan.
Izabelle got her t-shirt signed by all 10 of the guys.  How cute!!!
Our favorite Mexican, TJ (Wildboyz) came through with MC and a few of her friends.
Even Kassim Osgood from the San Diego Chargers was there chillin'.
Here are MC and her friends showing of their signed 8 x 10s.
Security had to stop the line at some point.  Although some fans didn't get a chance to meet the guys, they did come out for a few minutes to shake hands, sign autographs, and take a few pictures with everyone.
Here's a view of the madness from inside... The fans were chanting, "JABBA! JABBA!"  It was overwhelming!
We all had to exit through a secret back entrance.... Ninja style!  But some of the fans were still able to find us.  HAHA  Here are a few fans crowding around KB's car.
After all the madness we headed down to Pacific Beach to eat at Tokyo House on Garnet Ave.  On our way there I saw a license plate that read, "TKS WBZ"!  Kinda crazy b/c its like TK (me) and WBZ (Wildboyz)... HAHA  I want to get "TK WBZ" on my next license plate.
Here's Eddie chompin' on his Mexican roll.
Yay for Crunchy Shrimp Tempura Rolls w/ a side of spicy mayo!
SwaggerBoy aka Phil.
Phi x KJ
After eating we all split up... I was off to Raelynn's house warming party with the Wildboyz and friends.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for updating about the jabbawockeez!

dang, looking at all those pictures make me jealous!

makes me wanna move to san diego!

towmeeezzaayy said...

wow, the pictures are spectacular!
The lines were so crowded and long!

wHOAH, still i'd wait in line forever jst to meet them (;
thanks for the updates!

cant wait for jabbatv!
Is there anyway you guys are gonna put up tour dates ? :]

Anonymous said...

Why am I not a fly on that wall???...all the walls?? Dang. I wish I was in SD too.
Great, great! pictures. Thanks!

Donna said...

I took a picture that my niece was in from you. Hope it's okay with you (: