Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Soulstice Weekend: SD - SF - LA pt. 2

CLICK HERE for photos from Soulstice SD
CLICK HERE for photos from Soulstice SF Weekend
CLICK HERE for Step Up 2 DVD Release Party LA

Here are a few pictures of me roaming the streets of SF in my drunken state of mind. I was pretty sloppy that night... I am still waiting on Cha's pictures of me passed out in the hallway of the W. Oh man...
Summer '08 170

Summer '08 162
Shhh...
Summer '08 180

SATURDAY JULY 12TH: San Francisco Day 2

I woke up early Saturday morning to go eat breakfast with Abigail (MADE Jewelry).  I was still feeling the effects from the night before.  I warned her that I could throw up at any moment so beware.  HAHA

We hit up a spot in Mission with some bomb ass breakfast.  Eggs benedict baby!  Its been awhile since we've had the opportunity to catch up.  She's definitely got big things poppin' with MADE Jewelry.  Make sure you check out their site: www.MadeJewlery.com.  

I love her hustlin' and drive.  Not only is she an entrepreneur but she's also and upcoming lawyer.  She has her BAR exam coming up in less than 2 weeks.  Good luck!  I wish I wasn't so hung over... HAHA


Afterwards I met up with everyone else back at the hotel before we headed out to Haight Street for some shoppin'!
Album Cover: TK x Ed x Tristan x Mark
Tristan Levy (Virgin America)
Here's some of MADE Jewelry available at TRUE (SF).
While I was shoppin' I got a call from Jade Theater about a miscommunication they had between the investors and management.  Apparently they just figured out they double booked our night and we got the short end of the stick so we had to cancel.  I heard it wasn't the first time this kind of situation has occurred but shit happens... I guess.  Sorry for the inconvenience for those of you who were planning to come out to see DJ Earwaxxx and Jaycee Jay.  It kinda worked out on my end because I was supposed to fly back Saturday evening but I just stayed in SF a bit longer.

After several hours on Haight Street we headed back to the hotel to start the pre-party.
Signature Move.


We were originally supposed to roll out to Milk but we lagged and pre-partied too much so we didn't leave the hotel until after 12am.  We just ended up roaming the streets of Downtown...
After parading around town we ended up going back to the 24 hour swimming pool at the W to find out it was already crackin'!  Since I didn't bring any extra clothes I went swimming in my boxers but I wasn't the only one... 
TK x Lisa
I even ordered room service from the pool with our new friends Jerome and Nida.
After our pool party we went out to pay 7-11 a visit for some late night snacks.
Gotta have that chocolate milk.  Milk, it does a body good!


SUNDAY JULY 13TH: San Francisco Day 3

Sunday was dedicated to being a tourist, but before we made our way out we had to go to Walgreens to get some icy hot patches for Lisa's ankle because she hurt herself trying to give me a high five while she was under the influence of alcohol the night before.
All three of us have injured ankles... HAHA
Our first stop was to Japantown... FUK U!
Aprille x Sharon x Lisa x Ashley
We got some ramen at a local Japanese restaurant.  Yay for saki bombs!

Speshul ED x TK
Nice shades Ashley...
Check out this time lapse we did on Justine's camera.



We stopped by Fatlace to find Karen (The Camp) working behind the counter.  Here she is holding her copy of the "Srunchies & Headbands" mix.
Pier 39
Everyone jump on 3... Ready... 1... Sharon?  WTF!?  HAHA
3!
ED showing off his dance moves at the intersection.
I don't know why girls like to bend their knees in photos but we thought we'd give it a try.  Matt x ED x Mark x TK x Tristan
ChEd: So nice!  Check out Cha's shirt, "Last night a DJ saved my life!"

The Rock!


"Ohhh my goddddd... That's so cuteeeee!" - Aprille

We headed back to the W by 7pm because half of us were flying back to SF.  We had to wish a farewell to Ed, Cha, Ashley, and Justine.

Originally we we only got hooked up with 2 rooms for 2 nights at the W but since Tristan and I chopped it up with the Manager, Ashley, we got to extend our stay another night.  This time we moved from the 21st floor to the 31st floor (top floor).  Its amazing what a little bit of small talk can lead too... Thanks Ashley!

Check out our view from the 31st floor of the Bay Bridge.  Sittin' on top of the world!
That night, Mike Fal (Gen 2 | The Company | WBZ Daly City) meet up with us for dinner at Cheesecake Factory in Union Square.  Look at the amazing view...

TK x Mike
Reye Lisa x Aprille x Sharon x Lisa

Mark x Mike x TK x Matt
Mike rockin' his limited edition Naruto t-shirt.


Jewish Museum x Christian Church
Reye Lisa slipped on a piece of lettuce and twisted her ankle.  So now her and Lisa are using crutches... WTF?  I like this picture though...
Mark, Lisa, Aprille, and I couldn't sleep so we went for a stroll at 3am.  We got Lisa a wheelchair from the hotel and payed a visit to 6th Avenue.  It was an adventure.

MONDAY JULY 14TH (Part I): San Francisco Day 4

I was planning on staying in SF until Wednesday but I got a call from Stacey (WOD Tripod) asking if I was still coming out to LA for the Step Up 2 DVD Release Party at Avalon.  I totally forgot about it.  After talking to Dave and Myron (21XL | Events Company) I really wanted to check it out because Disney gave them an outrageous budge to put this event together.  So Tristan and I decided to jump on the next flight out to LAX.

Aww... They're matching!
I slept on the ledge of our window enjoying the beautiful view.

Room 3107

Can someone help him...
We started off the day at Mel's Diner for brunch.  Thanks Mark Marcelo and friends for a wonderful weekend get away.  Don't forget to pick up a copy of "Scrunchies & Headbands" mix CD.  Trust me, if you love 90s R&B you'll love this mix.  I guarantee it or your money back... HAHA

MONDAY JULY 14TH (Part 2): Los Angeles

Tristan and I hopped on the next available flight from SFO to LAX.  Rollin' with Tristan has many perks.  Not only am I flying FREE on Virgin, but we get to go in the VIP security check in line, have priority seating (holla at the exit rows), free drinks and snacks, and he knows all the employees.  

Tristan and I deserve a TV show like "Rob & Big".  Our idea is to create a promotional video for Virgin of our random adventures around the world as a way of motivating their employees to utilize their benefits.  I think its perfect... Tristan provides the flights and I provide the parties.  HAHA

Who wants to produce the show?

Jet setting... I love it!

Once I landed at LAX I gave Kevin and Saso (Jabbawockeez) a call because they were suppose to be attending the event too.  Turns out Saso, Eddie, and Ben were getting food at In n Out next to LAX so they came back and scooped me up.  Thanks guys for the ride.  

Welcome to LAX!
Red Carpet with my baggage still in hand... HAHA

Crackin'!   The event was amazing.  Disney gave Events Company an outrageous budget to put together this event.  It was a private party from 7-10pm, which included an open bar, dance performances, bboy/freestyle battles, and lots of talented people.
I love Myron Marten!

SGBM: Romel x Vinh x Rowel
The lighting on stage was ridiculous!  It gave the event a concert like feel... Great job production team!
World Famous
Boogie Zone: Breed
Jaz x Eddie x Saso aka Old Skool CSSD!  HAHA
Cindy (Kaba Modern)
Jan x Indo (HIN)  I can't wait till we hit up Seattle (August 2-4) for Hot Import Nights ft. a live performance by Kaba Modern.
Phi (Jabba) x Jun (TM) x Jed (TM) x TK
My favorite gymnast: Arianna (World Famous)
DJ John Magic (Crowd Control)
Chris (Jabba) x Lisa Rosenthal (Laker Girl | Ciara)
It was wonderful running into Lisa, who I haven't seen in years.  She used to be the Captain of our Dance Troupe at MCHS.
Last time we were all together we made Kevin drink... HAHA
Brian (Breed) x Mary (SGBM) x Jay (SGBM)
Melissa R (PCD) x Yuri (Kaba Modern) x TK
Jeff and Melissa are so cute!  Come celebrate Jeff's birthday with us at Onyx & Thin on Friday, August 1st!
Joe (Jabba) x Shelly (SGBM)
Viet Bros: Vinh x Phi x TK
My mentors: Arnel x Myron x Stacey
This is what happens when there's an open bar... Tristan Levy = TOML Award Winner!  This was the first time he's ever thrown up because of alcohol.  HAHA
Tristan and I hitched a ride back to SD afterwards with Vinh and Rowel.  Not only was that one of the best parties I've been to...but damn for a Monday that shit was crackin!!!  Only in Hollywood... HAHA

What a weekend get away it was.  I love these spontaneous/random adventures.  Seattle in 2 weeks... Who's down!?

I'm lovin' life!  Carpe Diem!!!

CLICK HERE for photos from Soulstice SD
CLICK HERE for photos from Soulstice SF Weekend
CLICK HERE for Step Up 2 DVD Release Party LA

0 comments: