Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Soulstice Weekend: SD - SF - LA pt. 1

This weekend was one of those weekends where I'll look back when I'm older and think damn... That was crazy! I've actually had quite a few weekends like that in the past few months but this falls into the top 3 weekend get-aways of 2008 (so far). I traveled up and down the West Coast this week from SD to SF to LA. It was a spontaneous adventure with great company.

I took over 1000+ photos but I've only uploaded about 500+.  I'll try to let the photos do most of the talking... Click the links below to the photo galleries to see them all.  

CLICK HERE for photos from Soulstice SD
CLICK HERE for photos from Soulstice SF Weekend
CLICK HERE for Step Up 2 DVD Release Party LA

Now lets rewind back to Thursday...

THURSDAY JULY 10TH: San Diego
Soulstice (SD) @ U-31 in North Park for Mark Marcelo's Mix CD Release Party & Curiculumn's 1 Year Anniversary. The vibe at U-31 is really laid back, no dress code, cheap drinks, great music, and cool peoples. Once again we packed the venue with over 300+ people by 11:30pm.

Welcome!
Victory Nightlife x Scrunchies & Headbands x Curiculum
4Life!
Happy Birthday to Rogene from Curiculum and Congrats on the 1 Year Anniversary.  We're all proud of you guys... Keep up the hustle!
Even Ms. Holly Veneracion decided to come out and have a few drinks... Patron time!
TAA x 2526
Kevin x Jayallthetime x Noriza
Yogi x Zoomy x TK
Julz with his thumbs up recommendation! HAHA
The reason for the party... DJ Mark Marcelo!
TAA x Holly... WTF are you doing Holly?  HAHA
Guil x Joe x Steven
Sist seeked ers: Holly x Rose
Time of my Life Winner: Cecile aka Sister Bear
Actually it might be a tie for the TOML award because Ms. China aka Jenny is also a worth contender for the title.  Both were incredible drunk.  HAHA  Overall, it was a wonderful success.  Thanks to Mark Marcelo, Curiculm, Mindz Alike, Alphanumeric, and the rest of our supporters.  

FRIDAY JULY 11TH: San Francisco
Guil and Annabelle took me the airport early Friday morning for my flight to San Francisco.  When I landed at SFO I found out that Tristan (Virgin America) had just landed from JFK too. This was my first time staying in SF for a non dance performance related event.  I couldn't wait to explore the city.
Friday also marked the launch of the new iPhone 3G.  I want one but too bad the line was hella long.  Hopefully the lines won't be bad here in SD.

Union Square

Emerson (Funks SF) stopped by our hotel to say hi and catch up for about an hour.  Funks SF has tons of upcoming projects including ones in the UK and Philippines.
After everyone made it to the hotel we roamed the streets...
TK x Tristan x Aprille x Lisa x Sharon x Ashley x Mark


Welcome to the W in San Francisco.  Thanks Ace for hookin' it up at the W.  2 rooms for FREE ninty FREE.   HOLLA!


Restroom
O > X

Backup Plan
Chinese Checkers?


Mark Marcelo on the 4th floor pool rooftop.


Let the pre-partying begin... Privileged!  There are other pictures from the pre-party but they contain nudity.  HAHA  Sorry everyone... Just wanted to break the ice!  HAHA
On our way out to dinner at Osha Thai Restaurant...






Cheers to the Good Life!

After a delicious dinner at Osha we headed over to Azul for Soulstice SF ft. DJ Izzace, Mark Marcelo, and Speshul ED.  Azul was mad crackin'.  We had tons of people come through.  I was surprised to see lots of San Diego peeps come out as well.  I ran into a handful of people I haven't seen in forever.  Thanks for the support!
Cha x Reye Lisa x Sheryl (Mavyn)
Lisa Pisa
1 of 3 Patron shots that lead to trouble... Lisa x Myra x TK
DJ Speshul ED (Mindz Alike) on the 1s and 2s...
San Jose's Troublesome Twosome... HAHA
Mark x Myra
Even Elliot (Ultra Vitalence) stopped by to say what up... PUSD (Poway Unified School District) reppin'!
Thanks to the Boss Man for the bottles of champagne!
DJ Izzace aka Ace aka THANK YOU!
Rowena (Vallejo) was also in the city partying it up at Azul.
Monee was also up in SF celebrating her friend's birthday... PQ baby! 

Crackin'!!!
I think I had too much fun and too much to drink on Friday.  I definitely had the TOML (Time of my Life) but I got sloppy towards the end of the night.  I had that whole swaying/sleeping standing up look going on which isn't cute.  HAHA  I actually passed out in the hallway of our hotel room... I still need to get those photos from everyone.

Now that was just the first two days... Check back soon for pt. 2!

To be continued...

CLICK HERE for photos from Soulstice SD
CLICK HERE for photos from Soulstice SF Weekend
CLICK HERE for Step Up 2 DVD Release Party LA

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OHHHH MY GODDDDD! SOOOOOOO CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!!!!

mikefal said...

dope blog bro.

right on for having me out there with tou gusy again.

later.

-mike

charitorae said...

TIME OF MY LIFE!