Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Recommended: The Village Idiot

I headed out to the Village Idiot on Melrose last week for a brainstorming meeting with the Playmore Group. Thanks to Dean (owner) for taking care of us.

The Village Idiot
7383 Melrose Aveune
Los Angeles, CA 90046
323.655.3331

The Village Idiot is one of those spots people can go to any time of the day for good food, good drinks, and a good atmosphere.
Starters:
+ Mezze plate - grilled flatbread, spiced hummus, smoked eggplant, toasted pine nuts, cilantro - $10
+ Crispy pork belly, wilted greens, pickled apple - $9
+ Warm chorizo stuffed bacon wrapped dates, roasted pepper tomato sauce - $8
+ Pub burger, balsamic onion relish, frieds - $12 + fried egg - $2... So good!
Ben (Clae) got the oak-grilled pork sausage, caramelized onions, yukon mash, with red wine sauce - $13... Emphasis on the pork sausage because there were two! Oh Ben! HAHA
Jerry Meng (3 Steps Ahead) x DJ Ia x Doug Wu (Collective)
Productive meeting... Time to make it happen!

Afterwards I headed back to Mark Marcelo's place to finish the rest of my 26 page paper. Once I finally finished, I was fiending for a drink so I decided to head over to Kiss Lounge for Jenilee (LOHS) and Neran (Diamond) for their weekly Monday 90s party.

TK x Jenilee x Nick Diamond
Neran (right) and his friend were both out reppin' DC!
I went to Kitchen 24 afterwards with Kristen Brockman and Jenilee. Did you know both of them were both "Deal or No Deal" girls?
I ran into a Quest Crew and Stay Fresh who were coming from Wally's (Orisue) birthday bash at Crimson. Good seeing you guys...

Time to end the night with an After School Special! I think they should start sponsoring me! HAHA

0 comments: