Monday, April 2, 2007

Team Trek

This past Saturday a group of us meet up for a biking trip... Our original goal was to bike from PQ to Pat & Oscars in Carmel Valley to have lunch.

Here's an overview of our biking path:
Part I: PQ to Pat & Oscars Carmel Valley ( app. 7 mile one way trip)
Part II: Del Mar beach to Solana Beach (app. 8 mile round trip)
Total Milage: Approximately 15 miles
Let me introduce you to our crew...

Allan - Team Captain
Bike: Trek 1500 Road Bike aka Dora
Erwin - Music Director
Bike: Trek Y-26 Mountain Bike
Althea - Myster (Female)
Bike: Mongoose XR-75
TK - Co Captain / Myster (Male)
Bike: Mongoose Blackcomb aka Terminator
Cecile - Cruiser
Bike: Trek 820 Mountain Bike
OJ - "George"
Bike: Unknown rental from Wilmer
JR - Gangsta
Bike: OG BMX w/ 12" rims
The Team: Wildboyz Cycling Division
Action Shots

Alongside the 56 West
Almost there...
We made it! 7+ miles and 45mins later we made it to Starbucks Carmel Valley where Leo & Vinh work...
Hey Brah...Lunch time at Pat & Oscars w/ Mr. Andy Keele... Thanks for the hook up buddy! We ordered $90 worth of food: Bread Sticks, Salad, Pizza, Chicken, Ribs, etc... All 50% off!
Obviously JR is full!
After lunch we drove Erwin & JR's trucks, which we left there before our journey, to Del Mar beach for Part II of our biking trip.

Always look both ways before crossing the street...

Highway 101

Solana Beach
Now its time to ride back...

Del Mar Beach
We even got to watch a wedding take place... It was beautiful!
So on our way home we stopped by Black Mountain Bicycles b/c there's a huge super sale going on all weekend... Guess what? I ended up buying another new bike... A hardtail Trek 6500 SLR w/ 27 speeds. It was originally priced at $770 but it was on sale for only $600 b/c it was an '06 model. The main differences between the '06 & '07 is that the '07 comes w/ disc brakes and clipless pedals... But it cost $925. Check out all the features at Trek Bikes.
This is my 3rd bike in less than a week but I promise you its my last one... For a while! HAHA I love it though... Seriously! It has an extremely light frame (approximately 3.8 pounds) and its components are all the best at its price range.

Since I bought myself a Trek... I didn't want Myster to be all alone as the only remaining member of Team Mongoose so I got her one too...
A hardtail Womans Specific Design (WSD) Trek 4300 SL w/ 21 speeds... It's MSRP was $390 but it was also on sale for $350. I didn't expect to spend that much on her bike but once I saw it... I couldn't resist! The people at Black Mountain Bicycles also threw in a little stealth black bell too! So without further ado I am proud to present you w/ the newest members of Team Trek... MYSTERS!
NEXT SATURDAY (04.07.07): We're going biking again... This time we're gonna bike the Los Penasquitos Canyon Preserve. Its tons of fun and a great workout so get your mountain bikes and join us...
P.S. I still haven't really studied for my GMAT test yet... FUCK!

P.S.S. If you want to view all of our photos from our Biking Trip I: PQ to Pat & Oscars... CLICK HERE!

0 comments: