Wednesday, January 23, 2008

VIBE XIII

This Sunday is Lambda Theta Delta's VIBE XIII at UCI.  I can't believe they're already on VIBE XIII, I remember performing at VIBE VIII with Formality in 2003.  VIBE marks the beginning of the competitive season so many teams debut their new sets.  I've been pretty disconnected from the dance scene but I love going to these competitions and seeing all the familiar faces.  

I miss dancing and performing... =(  Maybe I should make a come back in 2008!  HAHA

Anyways, who's down to go this Sunday to UCI?

VIBE XII HIP HOP DANCE SHOWCASE
SUNDAY, January 27TH, 2008
BREN EVENTS CENTER, UC IRVINE

PRESALES: $18 UCI, $20 NON-UCI, $25 AT THE DOOR

*COMPETITION TEAMS*

CADC
Team Millennia
220
Choreo Cookies
Pac Modern
909
Kaba Modern
Common Ground
Ascension
Samahang Modern

*EXHIBITION TEAMS*

Breed
Urban FX
Knita Presents IBA
Mavyn
Funkanometry SF
Chill Factor
Cultureshock LA
Super Galactic Beat Manipulators

So I did some diggin' and I found pictures from VIBE VIII when I was still on Formality.  

Can you find me?
YEAH!  Who's ready for some Christina Aguilera Dirrty?
Yes, that really is me with ass less chaps!  WTF was I thinking!  HAHA I'd do it again!
We won 2nd place that year!
That was my last performance with Formality before I joined UrbanFX.
Damn... That was 5 years ago!

Anyways, KJ Gonzalez will be teaching Boogie Zone Community Class this Thursday, January 24th at Hype! in Torrance.  Go support him because not only is he extremely gifted, but he's a Wildboy!
KJ Gonzales has quite a reputation in the dance community as a dancer and choreographer with the swiftest moves. His style is something to be seen and you can be sure you have seen his choreography on countless dance teams and companies. KJ is the past director of Urban FX and currently dances and choreographs for Super Galactic Beat Manipulators. Professionally, KJ has danced for 3LW and performed for huge concerts with the Cheetah Girls. Do not miss this class, its going to be amazing as usual!

Wildboyz


Cheetah Boyz

0 comments: