Sunday, May 11, 2008

CSLA Benefit Show

I started off my Saturday by picking up Demi (my cousin) and meeting up with some of the friends (Jr, Cecile, Rhoda, & Steve) at Panera Bread in Mira Mesa.  I was hella hungry so I got a Chicken Chipotle with chips and a Caesar Salad with an apple.  We ended up chillin' there just chit chatting for a long while.  MMM17.
Steve x Jr x My left toes... 
After chompin' I headed up to Long Beach for the Culture Shock LA Benefit Show: A Beautiful Struggle.  Thanks to Stacey (CSLA) for inviting Myron (21XL) and myself out to the show.  I also brought "Stinky" aka Demi too.  We all sat together in our VIP handicap seats... HAHA

CLICK HERE to see all my photos from the CSLA Benefit Show.

The show wasn't your typical dance competition or showcase, it was more of a Broadway style production with a touching story line about four individuals who dare to create art in a time when artistic expression has been outlawed.  They even had a walker routine that Stacey said reminded her of me... HAHA
That's Stacey in in her b-boy stance in the front right... 
Intermission: The venue was packed!
During intermission Demi was excited she got to meet 3 of the Jabbawockeez (Ben x Eddie x Saso).  Ben told me it was chaos at Jet (Las Vegas) last night.  I wish I was there too!  I only got 6 more days in this cast!  Can't wait...
The Armory crew (Hektik x Felt 1) were in the house selling Jabbawockeez t-shirts too.  Thanks for the t-shirt!
Everyone was surprised to find out that Demi was only 13 years old because she's already 5'4".  We got that giant gene in our family.  HAHA  Check us out in front of the new Boogiezone backdrop.
New Boogiezone flyers... If you're not a member yet what are you waiting for!?  Log on now!
Back to the show...
I was surprised with the elaborate production of the show.  There were also many talented young kids who acted, sang, and danced.
This girl gave me goosebumps with her vocal skills.  I love the children!!!  HAHA
Props to Culture Shock and Future Shock Los Angeles for an incredible show!
After the show the World of Dance Tripod reunited (TK x Stacey x Myron)... Great job Stacey!
Culture Shock... Shock... Shock SD (Tina x Claudia x Des x Saso)
JewelRIA (Sean x Ria) selling custom made jewelry.  You can check out all of her designs at www.myspace.com/jewelria.
Demi also got to meet one of her idols from Kaba Modern... Ms. Yuri Tag aka "my crush"!  HAHA
Here I am with my idol, Arnel (who is also Kaba Modern's manager).
Demi x Kaba Modern (minus Mike & Jia)
Yuri x Law x Demi x Cindy x Tony x Mike
Afterwards we went to Downtown Long Beach to meet up with a few friends and eat before we parted ways.
At first we went to a spot called Taco Beach... We managed to get Demi in even though it was a 21+ bar.  HAHA  We didn't end up staying because there was a live band and it was just too loud in there.
She's not suppose to be here!  HAHA  Don't tell your mom I took you to a bar...
So we (Myron x Kevin x Stacey x Jeff) ended up eating at Hooters.  I love Hooters!  HAHA  We all split 50 wings and each got our own individual items.  Fun times!!!
It was Demi's first time eating at Hooters.  She gave it two thumbs up!  HAHA
Demi had an eventful day: She got to see a show in Long Beach, met 3 of the Jabbawockeez, got a free Jabbawockeez shirt, talked to Yuri, took pictures with Kaba, got to see the Long Beach Downtown nightlife, went to her first bar, ate at Hooters for the first time, and on top of that got to hang out with her favorite cousin all day!  HAHA

Now that's a good day!

0 comments: