Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Hollywood Tour Guide

I started off my Wednesday by heading up to Runyon Canyon, which is probably my favorite spot in LA, with Leslie so she can check out the magnificent view. It was such a beautiful clear day in Southern California! Since she was spending the day in LA, I decided to play tour guide and shower her around.
This is pretty much as random as it gets, but sometimes in life you'll be surprised by the people you meet. Similar to my quote on my splash page, "Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known" -Chuck Palahniuk
We headed over to Hollywood & Highlands to visit the Chinese Mann Theatre and roam the streets of Hollywood Blvd.
We ran into Samuel L. Jackson!
Marilyn Monroe!
Oh yeah, don't forget about Snoop Dogg too! HAHA
RIP MJ!
Leslie x Captain Jack Sparrow
Next it was off to the Grove to do a bit of shopping. While we were there a police standoff ensued...
At first everyone thought there was an A list celebrity inside but once the police officers pulled out their guns, it started to look much more serious. I never found out what exactly happened.
Later that night, we meet up with Alexis and Melanie for dinner at Bosa Nova before heading out to the Roosevelt Hotel for Cruel Summers.
Bossa Nova's pastas are so goooooood!
After I parked, I somehow got my finger caught in the door! It seriously closed all the way...
Melanie x Alexis x Chach x Leslie
I totally failed with this picture of me taking a shot of Patron with Dana and her friends!
Anna, April, and friends also came out to join the party. College Life!!!
Even Dru (Cockstar) came through as well. It was a chill night spent poolside chatting with friends and sharing a few drinks.
The next morning, Leslie and I headed to Union Station to take the Amtrak and part ways. For the short 3 days I knew Leslie, I hope I was able to make a lasting impact on her life. It was seriously a random and spontaneous few days but it was fun!

So Leslie headed to Santa Barbara to continue her vacation to SF and LV. I left to head back to San Diego. Its been a while since I've been home. Too bad I wouldn't be spending too much time there...
The Amtrak ride is pretty relaxing, especially the coastal scenery.
Of course I had to take a picture of the Boobies! HAHA
Time to get ready for Slightly Dangerous in Las Vegas!

To be continued...

0 comments: