Friday, March 23, 2007

In the End...

I just got here and already I'm leaving... Things never really go the way you envision it in your head but I know in the end it'll all workout.

These past few days I've spent a great deal of time with my dad. Its the most I've seen him at one time in the past 10 years. Usually I only see him about 10 days at a time but I'm use to it now b/c its been like that since I was only 10 years old. Yet when I see him its like he never left... We have an open and loving relationship. I try to call him at least once a week even if its only for a few mins.

Its hard to leave because we just started getting use to having each other around. This morning my dad said, "I hate the days when you leave." He'd rather see me just leave out of the blue then know I'm leaving soon because the days leading up to my departure seem to drag on forever.

Living in Vietnam the past few weeks I got a chance to see what my dad's life is like. He's accomplished more than I could have ever imagined. I'm feel proud where ever I go because everyone speaks so highly of him. I hope I can become as successful as he is one day.

I know my family isn't the typical family but in the end... I know everything will workout! I'm just happy my dad is happy too! I could continue on but I'll end it by saying... I'm proud of you DAD!

Concept:
Reality:On site at the future 18 story Olympic Towers...

This is my dad... He's the MAN!
Less than 48 hours left in Vietnam... See you soon San Diego!

Check the New Flickr Gallery: Random - Vietnam Pics

0 comments: