Saturday, May 5, 2007

Into the HEART

Yesterday, I judged at Climax Dance Competition at the Chula Vista YMCA. It wasn't what I expected... It was outdoors, really cold, light sprinkles, dim lights, with a linoleum dance floor. But it turned out to be lots of fun b/c I judged w/ Erik Saradpon (EK Etc. & Formality) and Anna Sarao (The Jedi Master of the Dance Scene).

Props to Mark for putting the show together... I never would have been able to organize an event like that when I was in high school. Great job bro!
Judges table... We got hooked up w/ a $20 gift certificate to Cheesecake Factory!
Angie Girl, Mark Mariano, Anna, Christine, and TK. Angie Girl is the best MC... EVER! She's straight comedy!!!
The Judges!!!
Here's a view from the Judges tables... They did have spot lights but it was pretty dark.
All the competing teams were high school students... There were some very talented individuals. I finally got to see Choreo Cookies perform for the first time... They're ILL! Oceanside represent! I was pleasantly surprised and I'm looking forward to their set at Body Rock.

Afterwards, Anna, Christine, and I meet up w/ Myster, Ollie, and Chris at Seau's in Mission Valley. We were all starving! It was my first meal all day at 10PM. We feasted like KINGS!
Ollie explained to us, "You have to get into the HEART" if you want to get a girl! I'm still working my way into Myster's heart... Thanks for the advice Ollie! HAHA
Tonight is the night!!! Game 7: Rockets vs. Jazz... De La Hoya vs. Mayweather... and of course EXCELSIOR for Cinco De Mayo!

0 comments: