Tuesday, July 29, 2008

New York pt. IV

I'm so behind on my blog.

So much has happened in the past week. I've partied on both the East and West Coast, hosted an event at Wave House, gone wine tasting on a party bus with 40 of my closest friends, and more... I'm still recovering from the exhausting week.

Last Wednesday I decided last minute to take the red eye flight to New York on Virgin America to meet up with Ben & Nick (Blends). I love how Virgin America's planes have outlets onboard because I was able to get lots of work done on the way.  

I landed at JFK at 7:15am and meet up with the guys.  We all stayed at Ben's friends' (Julius & RJ) apartment on Wall Street in the Financial District.  They seriously live one block away from the NYSE on the 11th floor.  Thanks Julius and RJ for the hospitality.  

I wish I could have taken more photos but my point & shoot died on the first day and I didn't want to lug my 40D around all the time.  But here's what I have... I'll let the photos take over from here...

CLICK HERE to see all my photos from New York.

WEDNESDAY: July 23rd

Since I booked my flight last minute I had to go through additional security.  While my bags were being searched I noticed they had the Navy Emeco chairs.
I'm not a terrorist but my family is part of the mafia.
Checking my mail on the plane.
SF Airport sculpture

THURSDAY: July 24th

Ben & Nick (DJ Nicky Savage) at JFK
9-11


After dropping of our bags we headed to Shake Shack for their famous burgers.  Supposedly this place is always crackin'.  When we left the line was over 50 people long.  You can even check their website to see a live Shack cam of the line.  

I'd compare Shake Shack to an environmentally friendly In n Out Burger.  It was delicious!  If you go to NY make sure you stop and grab a bite here.

Shoppin' in Soho at Uniqlo
Nom de Guerre
Wall Street
We meet up with Matt (Dub Frequency), Davee (Stussy), and Jon (Blends) at Julius' apartment later that night for some pre drinking.
Davee runs the Stussy store in Philadelphia.
Creme de la Creme at LOVE.  CLICK HERE to view Mel's photos from the event.


Julius x RJ x Jon x Ben
Linda x Jesse (Dub Frequency)
Nick Savage x Family & Friends


Grays Papaya at 3:30AM
Back to the apartment for the after party...
Turns out the after party was brought to you by Apple Inc.  HAHA

FRIDAY: July 25th

God Bless America
GW

Street performers in front of the Grand Hotel
The Empire State Building.  If you look close you can see the guys outside cleaning the windows... Now that's a crazy job!
5th Avenue Apple Store
Crackin'
FAO Schwarz










Lunch break with Julius at Rue 57
While we were shopping at Nike Town we ran into Damon Dash (former CEO of Roc-A-Fella) and Jim Jones (Harlem's American Gangsta).
Jon and I both snapped a picture with Jim Jones... Ballin'!!!
The MOMA (Museum of Modern Art) is FREE on Fridays so we stopped by to check out the new exhibits.


























Bumsville Bitches... HAHA
Do these Pandas look familiar?
You might recognize them from this video:

The R Train
After a long day roaming the streets of NY we returned to the apartment to shower up before we hit up the Friday nightlife scene.  Here's the view from the 28th floor penthouse balcony of Julius' building.

We hit up Peep in Soho for Thai food with a few friends afterwards.  I ate here last time with Jay, Irv, and the rest of the crew on my trip to New York in March.  The bathrooms there are trippy because they have two way mirrors so you can see everyone eating while you're handling your business on the toilet.  You just gotta see for yourself...

Irv and two of his friends from Japan joined us too.  I'm not going to even try to spell their names... HAHA
Dee aka Flaka x Irv x TK at APT
We mobbed over to Santos House Party to meet up with the guys from Dub Frequency, Diamond, and 10 Deep.
Q-Tip (Tribe Called Quest) happen to be there spinnin'...
Dee x TK
Jon x Ben x Nick (Diamond Supply)
Jon x Q-Tip
Crackin'!
We didn't leave the club until 4AM.  My flight was at 7AM.  So I stayed up and went straight to the airport.  I was so tired but I got a pleasant surprise when I arrived to JFK... 

SATURDAY: July 26th

I got back to San Diego at 1PM, but my day didn't end there it was time to go to Wave House for the Bash at the Beach...

Never a dull moment... Loving life!  To be continued...

0 comments: