Thursday, April 15, 2010

ABDC Season 5 Finale & Wrap Party

[Thursday, April 8th] For the past 2 months, I've had the amazing opportunity to cover MTV's America's Best Dance Crew along with Pacific Rim Video. Season 5's finale was finally here with two top crews, Poreotix & Blueprint Crew. If you're living under a rock for some reason, then you know Poreotix were crowned the Season 5 Champions! Congratulations to my Vietnamese (and some Filipino) brothers from Westminster, CA, which I am the 7th member of! ;)

CLICK HERE
to view all the photos from the Finale & Wrap Party.

CLICK HERE to view my blog recap from the Season 3 Finale.
CLICK HERE to watch 5DTV's Operation ABDC Finale from Season 3.
CLICK HERE to view my mini-blog recap from the Season 2 Finale.
CLICK HERE to view my blog recap from the Season 1 Finale.

I've gone to 3 of the last 4 ABDC finales, but they decided to switch it up on us with an onset Wrap Party in the back lot of Warner Bros Studios.

The wrap party was catered by the famous Kogi Truck... Too bad we were all busy conducting interviews that we didn't even get to grab a bite. :(
Welcome...
Thanks to Hannah (the Assistant) for coming up from San Diego to help me get some footage for a mini-documentary I'm working on with Garvin Ha. Hope you had fun!
My Pacific Rim tag team partner: Angelica Alumia

OMG! HAHA

Tallie (Strikers) x Chuck Maldonado (Stomp the Yard)
The creative genius behind LXD and Step Up 3D: John Chu
Harry Shum also stopped by as well to talk about his projects with John Chu and about Fox's hit tv show, Glee.
HAHA! I think this is my usual facial expression when I'm talking to Lil' Mama... Confused! But I respect that!
O
Season 3 & 4 Champions: Hok (Quest) & We Are Hereos
That's actually me on the Poreotix logo... Real talk!

It was nice to catch up with Saltare, everyone's favorite jumpers. Good luck in your upcoming jump rope competitions!
Aloha! Hype 5-0 is in the building!
Another crew reppin' the West Coast, Heavy Impact!
I don't remember what I was laughing at but apparently it was pretty funny (for me at least)! Congrats to Blueprint Crew for making it all the way to the top 2 teams. They're such an amazing cohesive group.
And finally... America's Best Dance Crew Season 5: Poreotix
Jay-Arr (21XL) the man behind the camera.
That concludes Season 5 of ABDC... See you in a few months for Season 6!
But wait, I just remembered today is the ABDC Champions for Charity Show featuring all your favorites: Jabbawockeez, Super Cr3w, Quest Crew, We Are Heroes, and Poreotix. I can't wait... Hopefully we'll be U-Streaming backstage with Pacific Rim. If you want to keep udpated just follow me on Twitter: @tk_nguyen

0 comments: