Monday, April 21, 2008

Glow in the Dark

Happy 4/20 everyone!  I celebrated by going to Kanye West's Glow in the Dark tour featuring Lupe Fiasco, NERD, and Rihanna.  Let me start off by saying Kanye West is the MAN!

We meet up and headed to Harney Sushi in Old Town for a few drinks and a quick bite to eat.

To the Good Life... Cheers!
Bomb James Bomb is the BOMB!
Sister Bear aka Bomb Diggity x TK aka Brother Bear
Edwin told me I should blog this: "Guess what this is guys?"
Thanks for driving Edwin!
We got there a bit late and didn't get to catch Lupe Fiasco's opening act.  I was kinda bummed out about that b/c I'm a huge Lupe fan.  I wanted to hear "Paris, Tokyo" and "Superstar".  It took me a min to get inside b/c I was on my crutches.  However I did get wheeled in on a wheelchair to the floor once I got there.  Thanks Ed and thanks to James Ta for saving me a seat on the floor b/c it would have been hard to stand on one foot for the entire 4 hours!  I only took a few pictures before my camera was taken away.  Here are a few pictures I took on my digital camera, iphone, and some from Julz and Ollie.

Pharrell Williams is a musical genius!
Crackin'!!!
Ella ella eh eh eh... Under my umbrella!
Mr. West is the "brightest star in the Universe"!
Like Julz, I also got goosebumps and almost teared too during "Hey Mama"... 
Kanye held down the entire stage by himself for over an hour straight.  The visuals and staging of the show were out of this world.  I really felt as though we were on a journey through space!
Look at his space ship!  I want one!!!
Crackin'!!!
It was the perfect end to another fun weekend... Welcome to the Good Life!

Check out this video Ollie put together from the concert...


Kanye West - Glow in the Dark Tour SD from Ollie on Vimeo.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

get them feet better tk cuz you NEED to come to nyc with jabba when they come here : P