Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Asian Excellence Awards

Yesterday Aldryn (Invsible Ink) and I rolled up to LA for the Asian Excellence Awards at UCLA's Royce Hall.  The Jabbawockeez and Kaba Modern were both nominated for the Viewers Choice Awards "Favorite Reality Star."  

Aldryn and I were suppose to do interviews on the red carpet for JabbaTV but we got there a bit late and all the media spots were already taken.  =(  I was really looking forward to interviewing the celebrities and asking them Jabbawockeez related questions.   It would have been fun but instead we shot tons of photos and captured as much footage as we could on the red carpet.  

However Aldryn got tons of footage backstage and after the show with celebrities such as Steven Segal, Tia Carrera, Kelly Hu, and much more.  We're working on organizing the Jabbawockeez photo gallery so check the site for all of the photos from ABDC Finale, New York, and the Asian Excellence Awards coming soon.  Not to mention we have a Jabbawockeez blog in the works too.

Here is a sneak peak at a few of the photos we took last night.

The paparazzi are aggressive!  They had no sympathy for a tall asian on crutches.  HAHA
The host of the show Carrie Ann Inaba (Dancing with the Stars... Thanks Tina!) with her date.
I got a pleasant surprise from my old friends Crystal and Jelynn Rodriguez (Grizzly Park/Bar Starz).  Jelynn is a native to San Diego who is an upcoming actress... Be on the look out for her!
Here's Jelynn strutting her stuff on the red carpet for the photographers.
Here's Aldryn snapping shots at the gorgeous Daisy Fuentes (MTV).
Directing genius Quentin Tarantino was also there supporting the Asian community.
Since I wasn't very mobile I watched the show from inside.  The Asian Excellence Awards is an annual celebration of the outstanding achievements of Asians and Asian Americans in film, TV, music, and the performing arts.  The show will air on E! on May 1st at 6PM.

I sat right in front of Christina, Ronald, and Hendekea from the latest season of Amazing Race 12.  They were so nice!  We all became BFF afterwards.  HAHA
Congrats to Rex Lee on winning Best Supporting Actor in a Television Series for his role as Lloyd aka Ari's assistant on the HBO hit show Entourage.  I'm a huge fan!
Towards the end of the show I headed backstage to meet up with Aldryn in the VIP lounge.  Free food and drinks... Yay!
Here I am with the Justin Timberlake of Korea... Se7en.  Se7en is the biggest pop superstar in Korea.
The ageless Tia Carrera from Wayne's World!  HAHA
Hendekea & Christina from Amazing Race 12 are huge Jabbawockeez fans!
Kelly Hu?  She is so beautiful and very friendly.
I have more photos with other various celebrities but you'll have to wait until we upload them to the Jabbawockeez gallery first.  

Anyways, Aldryn and I ended up staying at the after party for quit a while.  I was a pleasure to get the chance to meet so many different celebrities in the Asian community.  It was very inspiring.

I was probably most excited about meeting Steven Segal and Quentin Tarantino.  I got to talk to each of them for a brief moment, which was really cool.  Steven Segal even did a drop for JabbaTV. 

Aldryn and I finally left around 11PM because we were so exhausted.  My right foot was killing me!  Standing on one leg all day is tough!  We ended the night by stopping by Denny's for some much deserved dinner.  Moons of my hammies it is!  HAHA
Be sure to tune into E! on May 1st for the Asian Excellence Awards if you want to see the Jabbawockeez and Kaba Modern open the show with Mad TV's Bobby Lee.  I won't reveal if the guys won "Best Reality Star"... so you'll have to watch and find out yourself.

Congrats to all the nominees and winners!  I'm PROUD to be Asian!

4 comments:

Tina said...

I don't believe Carrie Ann Inaba is host of So You Think You Can Dance, its dancing with the stars, no?

Anonymous said...

haha you don't have to say anything...hahaa i already know all the winners it is kind of funny and i saw pics also.......thanks

Anonymous said...

wow this makes me want to be asian lol

Anonymous said...

Wow. That sounded like a lot of fun. Cool stuff, ToeKnee!