Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Return

I started my Saturday with a refreshing bowl of pho from Pho Hoa Cali in Mira Mesa with Jen, Meg, and Glenn.  While we were there we also ran into Annie and Mike aka DJ Virus.  I could use another hot bowl of pho right now... 
After lunch, a few of us cruised down to FilAm Fest to visit the Victory Nightlife and Willy's Workshop booths.  It was my first time at the festival and from the looks of it, there was a huge turnout with dozens of vendors including DJ Marlino at the Heavy Rotation booth.  If you haven't heard of Heavy Rotation, its a monthly 1-hour podcast show that features upcoming filipino Hip Hop and R&b artist.
Mindz Alike x Victory Nightlife
Willy x Wilfredo = Santos
I love the kids... HAHA.  Izabella is so cute!!!
I'm a huge Ashley Robles fan!  If you haven't heard her response to Ne-Yo's "Miss Independent" song yet, you can check it out on her myspace page.  Be on the look out for this raising star!
Bambu x Son of Ran are 2 of the best filipino MCs!
Ramon x Ashley Robles x Darkie
Crackin'!

This was the very entertaining 1st place winners of the FilAm Fest Dance Competition.  Congrats!
WTF?
The Twins (Scripps Ranch) both direct this young group of High School kids.  Great job guys!
I love Kat!
After spending a few hours at the festival it was off to StudioFX for my first rehearsal of Funkanometry's upcoming project called "Apples & Bananas" by Ray Benitez.  It's been over 2 1/2 years since I've danced and it showed... I'm super rusty!  HAHA  But I'm excited to train and dance with so many talented individuals from all over Southern California.  I'm definitely the weakest link on the crew but that just means I'll need to rehearse harder.  There's a small group of us from SD, but the rest of the crew is all up north.  We'll be debuting the set at TM's Prelude Dance Competition in December.  I hope everyone comes out to watch me come out of retirement... HAHA
I bet many of you didn't even know I use to dance.  Here are three of my favorite performances from my dancing days... 

Indian Jones Airbands (1999) @ Pepsi Finals - 1st Place


Mt. Carmel High School (2001) Senior Breakfast with the Wildboyz

UrbanFX at Century Club (2005)

I miss those days... 

It was straight to Prospect Bar & Lounge afterwards for our bi-weekly Concrete event.  The usual shot of Patron for the birthday girl and friends!
There was even a full out dance battle on the floor too.  It was hilarious!
I miss these girls!  Michelle x Alyson x Aprille x Justine
Matt x Erico
Julz x Jon Lego x Mark Marcelo x Kim
Verna and Roseanne ditched Jamie (aka Wife) for a few minutes to say hi!
Eric x DJ Teknikscian x Patron
Aww... That's cute!  Anthony aka DJ Akrite and Des gettin' down on the dance floor.
What!?  Even Brandon was gettin' down too!  HAHA  I wonder who he's dancing with?  HAHA
Afterwards it was Mexican food at Santana's.  Too bad I lost my phone in the back alleys of Prospect after dancing on the top of Julz's Civic.  
Here's what happen to it...
Sad face!  At least it still works I guess... It was an eventful Saturday!  Time to go practice my dance moves now.  HAHA

0 comments: