Sunday, October 5, 2008

Vacay Pt. II - New York

I spent Monday - Thursday in New York for part II of my week get away.  Unfortunately, my point and shot camera died while I was in New York so I didn't get a chance to take as many photos as I would have liked.  A few of these photos were taken on my iPhone, Canon 40D, or on friends cameras...

CLICK HERE to view photos from my trip to New York.

DAY 5: Monday, September 29th
Tristan and I took the red eye flight to New York.  Once we touched down to the East Coast, we headed over to SoHo to grab breakfast at Cafe Habana.  We were so early that their world famous corn wasn't ready to order yet.

Union Square
I met up with Neil Orje, who was out in New York doing some freelance work.  We spent most of the day walking the streets of Midtown and Central Park.
Later that evening I met up with Nancy Ly at her new apartment in the Upper East Side.  The two of us headed over to K Town to enjoy some delicious Korean food since it was Korean Restaurant Week.  I love bulgogi bibibap!
We meet up with Dee (NY) afterwards for $4 happy hour drinks at a local restaurant/bar.  Her and her friends were all there celebrating her younger brother Cesar's birthday.  Neill also came through with his friend Desmond.
Nancy x Dee
Early that day, I hit up Yumi whose been living in Manhattan since 2001, to see if she wanted to come out and have a few drinks.  I graduated with Yumi in 2001 from Mt. Carmel High School and I haven't seen her since.  It was great catching up with an old friend.
TK x Yumi
We headed over to APT afterwards to meet up with more friends and because its the happen spot on Mondays.  TK x Nancy x Desmond in our taxi.
We meet up with Melissa Reyes (PCD) and a few of her friends at APT. Melissa was also in New York for the month visiting her sister and nephew.  It was a fun night of drinking and dancing.
Raise the roof...
The one and only... Bobbito Garcia was mixin' live downstairs of APT.  He hit us with a little bit of everything, including salsa.  HAHA

DAY 6: Tuesday, September 30th
After another long night of drinking, I woke up at 8:30AM dehydrated so I decided to take a walk to Cafe Pick Me Up for some fresh orange juice and a bagel with cream cheese.
Here are a few photos I took during my walk from Irv's apartment in the Lower East Side.
I want a french bulldog!

All day, everyday.  White tee and jeans.
I spent the rest of the day wondering around Midtown and part of Central Park.  

Always make sure you look both ways before crossing the street...
Originally I was suppose to do a write up about the Colette x Gap pop up shop on 5th Ave for Segue Mag but they didn't allow me to take any photos... Boo!
That night a few of us went out to Harlem to eat at Dinosaur Bar-B-Que.  Irv claims its the best BBQ spot in New York.
Nancy x Dee x Patricia
1/2 order of ribs, cornbread, and a side of french fries with macaroni & cheese. 
Irv also brought his girlfriend Ami to dinner too.  Thanks Irv for introducing us to this spot.  It was mighty tasty! 
Before parting ways with everyone, we ventured around Harlem and along the Hudson River.  It was my first time to Harlem... I was hoping to see Mase (Bad Boy Ent).

Day 7: Wednesday, September 31st
I spent my morning at Cafe Pick Me Up once again for the usual.  I headed to midtown to do some more shopping.  I ended up spending another $100 at H&M, which brings my grand H&M total to $280 for the weekend in both SF and NY.  

I finally got a chance to check out the Metropolitan Museum of Art.  Check a few of the photos I took of the artwork...

Is that Jesus?

"You got me so hypnotized... The way your body moves round and round..."

I like this one for some reason.



This was my favorite piece from the photography sections.
The MET.





I want to be a knight...
That was my first time at the MET.  I loved it!  It has a wide variety of different forms of art from all over the world.  I spent over 3 hours there... If you're ever in New York you should definitely check out the MET.

I took another stroll through Central Park, relaxed on a bench and people watched.  Its amazing how many people cruise through the park everyday.  Here's a photo of a street performer entertaining a handful of children with his clown like gimmicks.
I met up with Irv in the East Village at a bar called 10 Degrees.  He was playing host to his friend, Jenny and her boyfriend who both came in from Philly.  We all grabbed a bit to eat and shared a few drinks.  I love making new friends!
Later that night, Ami (Irv's GF) met up with us to have a few more drinks at the Japanese restaurant across the street from Irv's apartment.  Kyzuco (spelling ???) was hookin' it up shots of sake.  This place also had the best chicken wings too... The sauce was so freakin' delicious!
Thanks Irv for letting crash at the apartment once again during my stay in NY.  I always appreciate the hospitality.  Thanks to the rest of the NY family for the love.  It was nice to just be able to get away from everything and chill out for a few days.  I'll be back soon...

Day 8: Thursday, October 1st
I originally wanted to take the 7AM flight from NY to SD but I had to meet up with Nancy at 9AM so I moved my flight back to 10:30AM.  There was hella traffic in the city so I ended up missing my flight.  Instead of waiting till 4:30PM (6 hours later), I just hopped on the 11:30AM flight to LAX.  How I was getting home from LAX... I had no idea.  Luckily, I called Vince Ocampo and found out his parents were coming up to LMU to watch his soccer game so I could just hitch a ride back with them to SD.

I am not sure how I do it sometimes... But everything seems to work out in the end.  Just gotta stay optimistic.

Anyways, I took a $16 cab ride to LMU to meet up with Vince at his soccer game.  Vince's team won in OT 2-1.  Congrats Lions!

Here's a head shot of my future client... Vincent Ocampo.
Peep the action shot... HAHA
Vince x Auntie x Uncle = Ocampo
Vince and his dorm mates... College Life!

Thanks to the Ocampo family for the ride home.  =)

Now its time to get out of vacation mode and back into productive mode.  I start school again this Wednesday.  I only have 6 more classes before I get my MBA... Gotta make it happen!

THANKS for reading... I know these past few post have been long but I hope you enjoyed them.  Oh yeah, Virgin America employees and flight companions (me) now get discounted airfaire to Hawaii.  So looks like I might be going to Hawaii soon... Who wants to go???

Have a wonderful week!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tony, you seem like Mr. San Diego... so, what are the best clubs to go to on a sat night? (specifically oct 18?) and best restaurants? im planning a trip to SD to visit fam and I just wanna make the most of it! Thank You!