Monday, January 19, 2009

Alvinisms 701: Luxor, Egypt

Here's another post about our trip to Egypt by Alvin. Thanks bro!

"I believe in love. I believe in hard times and love winning. I believe people make mistakes. I believe people can want two things at once. I believe people are selfish and generous at the same time. I believe very few people want to hurt others. I believe that life can surprise you. I believe in happy endings."

-Isabel Gillies (This is from Sam's blog, thanks!)

Did you know: Queen Hapshetsut wanted to be remembered like the rest of the male Kings so when she built her temple, her statues made her look like a man.

Thought of the day: I can't really make a comment on all the pictures but I do look at them have a lot of memories from taking each one. When I pick and choose the photos that go on here it takes a long time cuz there's like 4,000 and there's something that catches my eye whether its the color, framing, nostalgia, or something. So I hope you see the same things that I see in the pictures. Enjoy.

Food for thought:

Eat what the Pharoahs ate. Wild.

-Alvinism of the Wildboyz

Stylin in Luxor, Egypt.

W/ the Nile in the background!?! Too sick!

I even had to take a picture of the bathroom.

Ahmed on the hustle. But a genuinely nice guy.

These statues of Menmon were pretty massive. They're just in the middle of nowhere.

Valley of the Kings!!!

Leading lines.

This is a model of all the tombs in the valley. There are soo many. Too bad we couldn't go into all of them. This is where we saw the most awesome hieroglyphics.

The tombs themselves were pretty intricate. Check out how deep they dig into the mountain. It reminds me of Resident Evil.

Some young hustlers hide in the top of the mountains away from the cops cuz they're not allowed to sell shit to tourists.

Imagine 40+ tombs that were full of treasures.

These are secret photos from inside the tomb. If you get caught, they take your camera away. Good bye thousands of dollars and memories!

So you better effin appreciate this!

This is the Temple of Hapshetsut. It was a definite highlight. The place is so perfectly symetrical and massive.

White tees club.

These pictures are totally legal though.

Three levels carved out of the mountain and built into. Holy crap.

Everything there had hella detail. Imagine that.

Cool.

Refer to my "did you know"

There's so much more to it that we just can't see.

Those mountains are hella tall too.

Nice pose Toes.

Check out the people on the edge. Straight from the movie "The Mummy"

That's intense.

Take it in.

This is the god, Horus.

But who is this?

Group shot in front of Hapshetsut aka Hot Chicken Soup.

Horse and carriage ride time.

Lots of couplish things done in Egypt...but w/ dudes. Damn! Nans where are you!?!

Hello Temple of Luxor.

It was beautiful weather the whole time we were out there.

I can't believe they built this thousands of years ago.

Wildboyz worldwide.

Why do you look angry? Hahaha!

I get distracted by shiny things easily.

Wide open spaces.

Nice old people.

Wow.

The pillars were really really really tall.

I stopped taking photos early on because I just wanted to take it all in. A lot of these photos are courtesy of Toe-Knee and Richard.

Light and dark. The colors are so vibrant in this picture.

Sun down time to sleep cuz we're going on a hot air balloon tomorrow morning. I told we did couplish things. Hahaha! No homo.

Streets are alive.

In process of Nanners souvenir.

Baby WBZ sign.

Model shot for sure. Hahaha!

Egypt is dope.

Egyptian hustler. See in hot air balloon soon!

1 comments:

samantha duenas said...

aww i'm glad you like the quote, it's straight from vogue btw! ur guys' egypt photos are so captivating and still really funny too :)