Monday, March 9, 2009

2nd Annual Dance Awards

After a wild night of celebrating Cecile's birthday, I had to wake up at 10AM to get ready to head back down to Downtown for our Body Rock Dance Competition meeting. FYI: Body Rock is Saturday, June 13th, so mark your calendars. We're still a few months away but we have lots of planning to do. Although I'm one of the producers, I am usually the one that just walks around and socializes with everyone. My job is easy. HAHA

Later that afternoon, Anna Sarao aka" the God Mother of our Dance Scene" as I would like to call her, and I had to be in Glendale, CA for the 2nd Annual Dance Awards Show. We got Mark Mariano (Magec) aka Porky to come up with us. If you don't know who Porky is, just be on the look out for this young up and coming entrepreneur. He's only 19 years old but he's already hosting his own dance/music shows and club events with his company M.A.G.E.C (Move and Groove Entertainment Company). I gotta make sure I stay on top of my game because he's already giving me a run for my money. Porky and I will be hosting an 18+ event next Thursday, March 19th in Fullerton at Incahoots with Chris Cruz and Stay Fresh.

CLICK HERE to see a few of my photos from the Dance Awards Show.

Talent and Presenter Check In.
World of Dance Tripod Reunion: Myron x Stacy x TK
Its been awhile since we've taken a WOD Tripod photo. I love them! Thanks for the wonderful photos Sthanlee. I can't wait to see the rest of them...
Especially Mryon Marten (21XL)! HAHA
21XL (LA) x Victory Nightlife (SD)
Cheap shot... HAHA
Anna x Mark aka Porky... I'm still not sure why they call him Porky! He won't tell us! Grr... Oh yeah they're totally matching too, but not on purpose. HAHA
Arnel Calvario (Kaba Modern x Fanny Pak Manager) x Anna Sarao x Stanlee x TK
Wobz (TM7) x Melissa Reyes
Myron and I both love Jun (TM7)... HAHA!
TK x Anna x Stacey x Myron
Here I am presenting the award for "Best Exhibition Team"... Funks SF!
Look how tall Anna looks compared to the mic... HAHA. She presented the award for "Team of the Year". Congrats to Culture Shock LA!
Congrats to all the nominees and winners. Let continue to help our dance scene grow.

We stuck around at the show for a bit and mingled with everyone. Since we were all hungry, Khai Nguyen (NOOE x CADC/Breed Alumni) took us out to this Thai spot in Pasadena.

I got drunken noodles with chicken... Yum!
Anna x Porky x Khai x Melissa x TK
It was nice to catch up with Khai over dinner. He's working on a clothing line with Joanna and Thomas Phantom called Never Odd or Even. Be on the look out for them in the near future. We headed back to San Diego afterwards. It was a short and sweet trip to LA for a few hours. But its all good, I'm heading back up to Hollywood tomorrow night for the Hellz Bellz x Stussy party at the Ecco Lounge.

Who wants to roll up to Hollywood?

1 comments:

Micki Ellis said...

I'm so saddd! I couldn't make it =[