Sunday, March 1, 2009

Thursday: Kaws x Royal/T x Area x Crown Bar

On Thursday a few of us headed out to the Kaws art exhibit in Culver City.  I heard opening night was ridiculously packed with a few celebrities and a line of hundreds wrapping around the corner.  You can get a full recap of opening night on Keith's (DC Life) blog.  Keith actually came back up because he bought one of the pieces.

CLICK HERE to view photos from Thursday's festivities.

Kaws x Michelin Man

Don't worry Sammie, he'll be alright!
Kaws x Smurfs





Afterwards we headed to Royal/T (cafe/shop/art space) for lunch.  Royal/T is LA's first Japanese-style cosplay cafe.
Keith (DC Life) x Arik (Segue)
So Super Sam
Melissa R (PCD)
Edwin (Segue)
Kobe Beef Burger... Tasty!

More Kaws artwork...
Kaws x Star Wars
We also made a visit to Sammie's work place, which is like a theme park.  If you don't remember my previous blog about her work... Check it out here.  I want to work there!
Japanese Animation
We then went over to La Brea to do some shopping and to visit Jeff who was working at the Stussy Store.  I ended up picking up a John Varvatos' peacoat at American Rag that was 75% off of $395.  It was a good find... I love it!
Next stop was Mark Marcelo's apartment to get the first copy of "The After-Party: 90s Bedroom Jams".  I am officially the first person to get a copy!  Trust me you'll love it!  You can order them online at www.dj.markmarcelo.com
Trust me... You'll love it!  I listen to it every night!  ;)  Here's Mark posing in his beat laboratory.  HAHA
Jon x Dunn x Melissa x Zandi
It was then time to head out to the streets of Hollywood.  Mel x TK
We hit up Area first to visit a few friends...
We then cruised over to Crown Bar to meet up with everyone else.  The place was crackin'!  Turtle (Entourage) and Jamie Lynn Sigler (Sopranos) were both there.  The two of them are actually dating in real life, not only on the show. 

"Is your name Turtle?" - Melissa

"No, my name is Jerry!" - Jerry Ferrar aka Turtle... HAHA

The Crooks n Castles and Hellz Bellz fam were there too.  
Lannie (Hellz Bellz) and her lady friends...
Ken x Vince (Classic Boyz) came through with us to to have a few drinks.
Genesis x Melissa x Dunn x Jon x Mark Marcelo (you gotta say the whole name)
Emotionless Ben (Clae)
Just like old times: Chachy x Jessica x Eunice x TK
It was a long and busy day out on the tow with many familiar faces... 143!

FYI: I only brought one change of clothes b/c I didn't think I was going to stay up in LA the rest of the week so you'll see me wearing the same pair of jeans and shoes... HAHA.  What can I say, I'm a dirty kid!

0 comments: