Tuesday, August 4, 2009

[Day 5 pt. II] LES x St. Marks x Rewind

[Saturday, August 1st] After watching 500 Days of Summer at AMC, we headed to the LES aka Lower East Side so I could get a haircut before Sunday's shoot. I ran into actress Rosario Dawson walking through the streets on my way to the barber shop. Apparently, she lives in the LES. I didn't want to be weird so I decided to be creepy and taking a photo of her from behind. HAHA
If you're in the East Village, you gotta drop by this pizza shop called "Artichoke" for their signature artichoke pizza. Its soooo goooood!
Our plan was to go to the Empire State Building but when we got there the line was over an hour long because it was such a magnificent day, plus it was during the peak hours. I guess we'll just have to save it for another day...
This ones for you Alvin (Alvinisms)... They were playing Chess on the streets with giant pieces! I want a chess set like this!
While waking back to Melissa S. apartment I ran into the mysterious black ninja squirrel again! This must be a sign... I don't know!
That night Melissa S. and I had dinner in St. Marks at a Korean spot. I love Korean food!
We finished a whole watermelon of soju at dinner!
Bulgogi bibimbap = Bomb.com
After dinner, Melissa S. and I headed to Rewind to meet up with the New York fam. I haven't had a chance to see Dee aka "Flaka" since I arrived to NY. She's one of the craziest girls I know, she has mad energy for days... Lots of fun!

Dee aka Flaka x Melissa S. x Kristyna
Dee and Irv are my extended NY family! They always take care of me while I'm out here! Thank you guys for always showing me an awesome time! 143!!!
Thanks Dee for being a great host to everyone! Yay for new friends too!
Ever since I've known Irv, I've actually never seen him spin before... He definitely held it down for us party people! HAHA
Jermz and the rest of the crew came through to meet up for a few drinks and dancing dancing! I wasn't suppose to drink and be home by 2AM to be well rested for the 10 Deep shoot, but that didn't happen! HAHA
Dee x Ron... Ron was breakin' it down on the dance floor! I totally didn't expect that... Good times!!!
What so funny? I wannna to know too...
Jump on it... Jump on it!
Fun times at Rewind!!!
Melissa S. and I didn't end up leaving until 3AM... I tried sleeping early that night but I think I was still on Cali time because I didn't end up falling sleep until 5AM.

I'm glad I got a chance to meet up with D, Kristyna, Irv, and everyone else. Always great to catch up with friends, share a few laughs, have a few drinks, and dance dance dance!

To be continued...

0 comments: