Saturday, August 1, 2009

[Day 1] Damn that shit is HOT...

[Tuesday, July 28th] I've been contemplating heading out to New York ever since Tristan started working for United Airlines recently. FYI: He parted ways with Virgin America and is now working for United, which is actually better because they fly everywhere! Only problem is, since they're such a large airline company their standby list is usually longer too. But I can't complain because its still $FREE.99. Thanks Tristan!

Anyways, since both Ryan Garcia aka DJ Rygar and Melissa Reyes were both out in New York, I didn't have any events all week, and I haven't been back to NY in awhile, I decided last minute to take a spontaneous mini-vacation to New York! Richard Tran even joined me too since he also works for United and had the day off.

CLICK HERE to see my photos from New York!

We left San Diego at 6:15AM to connect to LAX before flying out to JFK.
We actually ran into D. Wade at LAX while heading to our connecting flight. I wish we would have asked for a photo. But anyways, we ended up flying first class from LAX to JFK. Holla!
We both knocked out for the entire 5 hour flight since we stayed up all night. I woke up to a tasty breakfast before we landed... I think I'm getting a bit spoiled!
We're here! Too bad the weather forecast wasn't looking so great. It was hot and humid when we got there, and it was suppose to rain all week. Boo!
First thing we did was meet up with Rygar and Melissa See (Rygar's girlfriend), who lives in the East Village, but they accidently got locked out so we were stuck outside for a good 45 mins until her other roommates came home. HAHA
We headed out early to the Staples x Airwalk event in SoHo at the OpenHouse Gallery featuring DJ Neil Armstrong (Jay-Z's DJ) and Uncle Chip (Elite Camp). I ended up running into many familiar faces, meet new people, and even got booked to do a photo shoot. Plus, there was a free hosted bar too!
The place was already pretty crackin' when we got there at 8PM.
Takin' it back!
Staples x Airwalk are teaming up to do a line of affordable shoes for Payless.
Rygar (600 Inc.) x Melissa (Its Design Related)... Aww!
I even ran into Diz Gibran (Soon You'll Understand) from LA, who was out in NY doing a few shows.
DJ Neil Armstrong x Uncle Chip
Wil (Karmaloop) was also in the building too!
I also got a chance to meet Vernie (Paris & Pascual) who is apart of the Hellz fam.
Fun times!
Dante Ross (SlamxHype) was also there.
Look who finally decided to show up?! HAHA
Chip x Mpos x Oliver x Jay x Rygar x TK x Richard
We were all drunk from the hosted bar by the time the event was over at 11PM. Where to next?
Chicken & rice on 53rd & 6th is supposedly "the" official chicken & rice cart!

We came up on hella gift bags! HAHA
Too bad no one warned me the red sauce at the chicken & rice cart was HOT as f**k. I put so much red sauce that I was seriously crying with my shirt off from how hot it was! It was painfully good though, but damn that shit is hot!!!
The night was still young so a few of us decided to walk to Central Park. We even made a pit stop at the 24 hour Apple Store aka the Cube on 5th Avenue.
I'm so glad I came out to New York! It was great to see and meet new people. I even got booked to do the 10 Deep photo shoot while I am out here. I'm super stoked about that because I actually really like all their clothes too!

Its crazy because Richard actually had work Wednesday afternoon so he was seriously only in NY for less than 24 hours. But he had a great time and we're already both looking forward to come back out here soon.

To be continued...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm the sort of guy who enjoys to seek brand-new things. Right now I am making my private solar panels. I'm making it all alone without the aid of my staff. I'm using the internet as the only way to acheive this. I discovered a truly awesome website that explains how to build photovoltaic panels and wind generators. The web site explains all the steps needed for solar panel construction.

I'm not exactly sure bout how accurate the information given there is. If some guys over here who had xp with these works can have a look and give your feedback in the site it would be great and I would highly treasure it, cause I extremely would love to try solar panel construction.

Thanks for reading this. You guys are the best.