Tuesday, September 1, 2009

World of Dance San Diego

[Saturday, August 29th] World of Dance San Diego is finally here! I've been looking forward to having WOD in San Diego ever since the tour was first announced in 2008. Its been months of planning and it was all about to take place. After an exhausting 22 hour Friday, Saturday would prove to be just as tiring, but I can't complain because I love what I do!

Overall World of Dance was a success! Despite the chaos and pandemonium backstage, the show ran smoothly (with a few technical difficulties), but it seemed like everyone enjoyed it! Quest Crew seriously killed it on stage! We were all panicking backstage since they were driving down from a show they did in LA at 9pm. They literally got to the Convention Center at 12:08am and performed at 12:14am. Talk about cutting it close... The crowd was going bananas too!

CLICK HERE for pictures from World of Dance San Diego. I wish I would have taken more photos but I was so busy the entire time running back and forth.

Check out my creepy predator pic... HAHA
Crackin'!
Thanks to my personal assistants: Kimtan x Twinkle
Our World of Dance staff with Joesar (Boogie Bots) x Lydia (Boxcuttahz)
Shout out to Malik for coming through with his brother and aunt. Hope you enjoyed the show buddy!
The Bboy Arena
Congrats to IDK for winning 1st place in the Youth Division.
Vietnam in the building!
A few of our volunteers with Kaba Modern: Yuri x Tony Tran x Lawrence
The view from the judges table with SGBM on stage!
3,500+ people from the stage!
I love Choreo Cookies!
Check out Justyle this Sunday at House of Blues San Diego!
Guess who won 1st... Again!? I'm getting tired of handing these 1st place frames out to Choreo Cookies every World of Dance! Geez... HAHA!
Finally Quest Crew is in the building...
Thank you to our wonderful staff of volunteers for all their hard work throughout the day. 143!
At the Pony table where Quest Crew got hooked up with shoes!
The show didn't end until 12:20am and I was exhausted but I had to stop by the after party at Thin/Onyx. The place was packed and ridiculously hot by the time I got there! I took a quick shot of Patron with friends before heading to the Bitter End with Super Crew to meet up with the UrbanFX fam.

Happy Birthday Himerria!
Shanara x Vanessa x Lovelyn x Laura x Alfredo = UFX Alumni 143!
A few of us grabbed Santana's and headed to Lovelyn's new apartment in Hillcrest. I didn't get home until almost 4am... What a crazy long 2 days! Time to get ready to head up to LA on Sunday.

For those of you that missed it, here's the first part of Quest Crew's performance:

They killed it! Keep it up fellas! Hope to see you guys back in SD again soon!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

honestly it was pretty seamless. the MCs did a pretty good job of keeping the crowd into it.

jeremyakabob said...

I totally saw Quest at this Asian joint in Minneapolis. They tore it up. I saw a couple of the cats afterwards and was gonna buy 'em a drink, since we all from Cali, but some eager ear piece came up and shoved me like I'm some kinda some sick fuck so i just swatted his hands off me and bounced.